Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Year of Pass the Honey




On March 8, 2014 I entered into the world of blogging. When I started this journey a year ago, I was so unsure of myself as a writer and unsure that I could stick with blogging in a consistent manner.

A year and 83 published - and just as many unpublished - posts later, I can firmly say that I have done better than I ever thought I would. I have missed only one week and that was due to family illness.

My beginning was a rocky one and when I look back at the first posts I wrote, I'm more than a bit embarrassed at the content. However, when I read many of the more recent ones, I feel really proud. My ego has experienced high and lows. Some posts got numerous hits and comments right away. These posts are the ones I wrote about deeply personal events that truly touched me or just about occurrences that were in the news to which I and others could relate. 

Most of the time, I am shocked that anyone would want to read what I have to say about anything. I’m not anyone special who has profound thoughts about life, but I do have common experiences and thoughts that many other people share. Maybe I’m their mouthpiece; I say what they want to say but can’t find the right words or just don’t have the time to sit down and write.

I admit that it’s really difficult to find topics to write about. I’m not an organized blogger who knows what she will write about on September 24, 2016. I envy those prepared people, but I don’t believe I will ever be one. Instead, I pay attention to things that happen around me or what people say during the week and then decide if it’s something I want to write about. Writing is much harder and more stressful this way, but it works for me. Maybe when I’m no longer working, I can get super organized and be better at planning my posts. Don’t hold your breath, though.



Whatever the reason for reading my posts, please know that I’m really grateful. I sometimes feel like I’ve won an Academy Award when a post has lots of readers and comments and would like to say to everyone, “But most of all, I’d like to thank my fans. You are the reason I do this.” That statement is so true. After a year, I feel a deep connection to people I don’t know and also feel that I can’t let my readers down. I don’t have zillions of readers yet, but it’s important to me when one person says, “I really enjoy reading your blog” or “Your experiences really touched me.”

So thank you for taking the time to share my life, my thoughts, and my views on everything. I hope that I can keep your interest for another year or two. I’m willing to keep writing, and I hope you are willing to continue reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment