Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What's So Funny?

One of my all-time favorite and fun activities is laughing. My laugh is like a pistol with the trigger cocked -- I'm always ready. My friends tell me the reason they keep me around is because I make them laugh so much. 

Why not laugh? Why spend my day stressing over unchangeable events, obsessing about toxic people, or wondering why people don't think the way I do (which, of course, is the right way to think)? Why worry about tomorrow when the Bible says to take care of today? All of this sounds like my days are full of joy, which is sometimes far from the truth. What is true, however, is that I can usually find something to laugh about, and the internet is a great place to start.

Pre-internet days, Walgreens and CVS were the best places to find a laugh. No, it wasn't the drugs inside: it was the greeting cards aisle.  I would stand in that aisle reading those cards, laughing my head off. I don't mean a little snicker or a ha-ha. No, I would guffaw. Several times, employees and other patrons came over  to see what was happening. Was I embarrassed? No, not at all! I suggested they try reading a few.

Nowadays, the I don't have to leave my home to get a good laugh going. I just look on Pinterest at some of the memes, ecards, photos, etc. that people pin. All of these remind me of people I know, of how I felt during a time, or of what I'd like to say to people. Some of them are truly hilarious.


Here's one I'm going to put on my classroom wall because this is so true about teenagers:

One of my many excuses not to exercise:

Perfect birthday greeting for my politically active friends, or maybe Rep. Steve Southerland. He was one of my students, and he would probably laugh at it.

Excuse the language, but tone in email is difficult to infer:

So true:

And I swear, I am going to do this on a test next year:


I could post many more of these, but you can check them out for yourself. I hope you got a chuckle. I did, and I didn't have to go to Walgreens or CVS to do it.











No comments:

Post a Comment