Saturday, March 8, 2014

30-day Journal Challenge

So, I have been considering a blog for a while. My  problem, like most new bloggers, is who would want to read what I write? My life is so ordinary! After reading hundreds of blogs, I decided that most people who write blogs have no more of an exciting life than I do; the difference is that they sit down and write about it and then someone like me reads it. Weird, huh? 
Therefore, I am beginning my blog, just like the rest of the world. I decided that the simplest way to start is just to start simple. I found a 30-day journal challenge on Pinterest to follow. In addition, I'm going to assign this 30-day journal challenge to my yearbook students. They are finishing the yearbook this week and will need something to work on for the next month. I thought it would interest them. They probably won't think so, but that's the perk of being the teacher -- I'm in charge. :-) Also, since we will be reading each other's blogs, it's a sure way for me to get at least 25 followers.
Here's the 30-day journal challenge I found:
I know I'll change some of the items to fit my life. For example, number 7 "Your Dream Wedding" -- I've already had 2 weddings. I must say, the first wedding was great; the marriage was a nightmare. I'll save that story for another day. The second wedding was perfect, and the marriage is pretty great, too (most days). 
Anyway, I'm willing to give this blogging thing a shot. 
#1. A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was. 
I'll have to post a picture later. I am most often the person taking the pictures, so there are very few of me. Today is Saturday and I am in sweats and with no makeup. I'm certainly not taking a picture of me today to post for millions of readers to see. The weather today is supposed to be beautiful, 70 degrees and sunny, so I hope to be outside enjoying this spring day. I'll post later about the events. 

2 comments:

  1. You rock Pam and you've touched more lives than you realize :) I'm a writer because of your encouragement as an excellent teacher during those ever sensitive years. Even though my year book ads were mostly of centered, you told me that everything would be fine....and guess what....it was. It wasn't the end of the world my little 18 year old brain imagined :) So thanks again for being you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. Thanks for reading the blog.

      Delete