Saturday, March 8, 2014

30-day Journal Challenge

So, I have been considering a blog for a while. My  problem, like most new bloggers, is who would want to read what I write? My life is so ordinary! After reading hundreds of blogs, I decided that most people who write blogs have no more of an exciting life than I do; the difference is that they sit down and write about it and then someone like me reads it. Weird, huh? 
Therefore, I am beginning my blog, just like the rest of the world. I decided that the simplest way to start is just to start simple. I found a 30-day journal challenge on Pinterest to follow. In addition, I'm going to assign this 30-day journal challenge to my yearbook students. They are finishing the yearbook this week and will need something to work on for the next month. I thought it would interest them. They probably won't think so, but that's the perk of being the teacher -- I'm in charge. :-) Also, since we will be reading each other's blogs, it's a sure way for me to get at least 25 followers.
Here's the 30-day journal challenge I found:
I know I'll change some of the items to fit my life. For example, number 7 "Your Dream Wedding" -- I've already had 2 weddings. I must say, the first wedding was great; the marriage was a nightmare. I'll save that story for another day. The second wedding was perfect, and the marriage is pretty great, too (most days). 
Anyway, I'm willing to give this blogging thing a shot. 
#1. A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was. 
I'll have to post a picture later. I am most often the person taking the pictures, so there are very few of me. Today is Saturday and I am in sweats and with no makeup. I'm certainly not taking a picture of me today to post for millions of readers to see. The weather today is supposed to be beautiful, 70 degrees and sunny, so I hope to be outside enjoying this spring day. I'll post later about the events.