Monday, March 24, 2014

What's in your makeup bag?


Back to the 30-Day Blog Challenge -- number 11 is to write about what's in my makeup bag. Interesting topic for me because I don't carry one. I have a tube of lipstick somewhere in the bottom of my purse, but most often, I use regular ol' Chapstick. There's also some old face powder in a side pocket, but I don't like it because it dries my skin.

I do have a face product I'll let you in on that I really like, though -- Rodan + Fields. One of my friends at work sells it, so I gave it a try. Now, there's not much someone can do to this old, abused face. I have rosacea and a lot of sun damage. I have never consistently used a cleaning regimen, but instead just washed my face while in the shower with whatever bath soap was in the dispenser at the time. I just couldn't stay with any kind of cleaning system.

My dermatologist told me that the red tone from the rosacea would never go away but with medication would not get worse. One of R+F's lines is designed to help with redness, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I have been using R+F's Soothe since December 2013 and have been really consistent with the prescribed process -- wash with Gentle Cream Wash, apply the Sensitive Skin Treatment, apply Moisture Replenishing Cream, and finally, apply the Mineral Sunscreen SPF30.


To be honest, I can't tell a difference in the degree of redness, but my skin feels so nice. I also don't have the dryness I did before. Therefore, I will continue to use it daily. I promise.

So, I'm endorsing Rodan + Fields and my friend, Jennifer Roady-Lawson. If you are interested, here's her website: http://jenniferlawson.myrandf.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment